When scoring candidate answers to sift questions, you can flag them for further attention or specified actions by your team.
This flagging functionality can be useful for situations such as:
- A reviewer suspects that an answer is plagiarised and wants to highlight this to a job admin
- A reviewer is unsure what to score an answer and wants to highlight this to a job admin, as they created the question and review guide
- There are spam answers that the team wants to mark and remove before continuing with the review process
- An answer demonstrates skills that are potentially useful for another role currently being recruited by the same organisation
- The answer gives an indication of reasonable adjustments requirements
While scoring candidates' answers, reviewers can see a 'flag' option on top of each answer.
Once you click on 'flag answer', you can add optional notes to give context to your flagging decision. You can also remove the flag or edit the notes if you change your mind.
Your flags will only be visible to you in your review link and to job admins with access to each role's candidate management hub. Other reviewers going through the same scoring process won't see your flags.
You can easily identify the answers you have flagged by using the pagination functionality at the top of the review link.
Job admins with full access to a role's candidate management hub have an overview across all the flags given by a hiring team.
In the candidate management list, you can skim through the answers that were flagged by your hiring team, by checking those answers that are highlighted in purple.
With this overview of flagged answers, you can spot things like the following:
- High scorers that have flagged answers. You might want to double-check the reasons for being flagged before inviting them to interview or any further hiring stage.
- Candidates that have been flagged on multiple answers. These situations can also require more specific attention and action.
- Questions that tend to have more flagged answers. This can also be an input for understanding how to interpret overall candidate scores and consider any learnings for future hiring processes (e.g. tweaking a question).
Filtering candidates with flagged answers
In candidate management, you can also filter candidates who were flagged. At the top of the candidate list you can access this functionality to focus on the candidates that matter for the task you want to perform.
Viewing flags per candidate and answers
On the candidate management hub, job admins can click on the flagged answers and get more information, such as the team members who flagged the answers, and the contextual notes attached to each flag.
Once you click on the scoring tower in candidate management, you will land on a candidate's summary page.
This summary page contains all the answers given to sift questions.
When it comes to understanding the flags given to answers, you first see a summary stat of the number of flags a candidate got. Then, by clicking on each question/answer you can see the flags given by reviewers and the notes they gave.