With the Applied role builder you'll be able to:
- Pre-set assessments for a role.
- Track your job creation flow with an easy-to-follow checklist.
- Continue building more inclusive job descriptions.
- Begin with the skills that matter for the job.
- Access new content from Applied's library of questions.
- Involve the hiring team right from the start.
- Have more control of candidates' application journey.
1. Pre-set assessments for a role
Depending on the role you are hiring for, you can start with different pre-set options.
These will appear in the Builder section of the role, under Assessment Selection and Hiring Stages.
2. Track your job creation flow with an easy-to-follow checklist
Having a checklist down the left side will help you keep track of what needs doing before making the role live. As each section is filled out within the Builder, a green tick will appear to confirm that each section you are using has been completed.
Behavioural science underlying the features of the role builder
Research has shown that the use of checklists in hospitals has meant a reduction of 35% in complications and a reduction of deaths by 47%.
3. Continue building more inclusive job descriptions
The role builder also analyses your job description through our gender balance and reading burden tools.
If you'd like more detailed recommendations on how to modify your job description, you should also try our stand-alone Job Description Analysis Tool.
4. Begin with the skills that matter for the job
Starting with the key skills that you are looking for facilitates the selection and creation of Sift and interview questions and the definition of their reviewing criteria.
You'll also be more inclined to focus on those skills during the whole recruitment process and avoid all of the unnecessary noise.
You'll also improve the candidate journey by listing skills and tagging them to questions. Candidates will be able to see how well they performed on each skill that you add.
5. Access more content from our library of questions
Our library of Sift and interview questions have been built upon the analysis of 1,000+ questions, 90,000+ applicants and 400,000+ judgements made by hiring teams.
The library also includes those questions that you have created for previous roles.
6. Involve the hiring team right from the start
You can pre-set the hiring team and grant them different permissions (e.g. full access or contributor access to a role) and set their seniority (i.e. junior, peer or senior).
7. Have better control of candidates' application journey
Go to the candidate link and apply for the role if you want to learn more about the candidate's application journey.
You can also make the role draft again if you need to make amendments.
A quick warning... the questions that you add cannot be edited after a candidate has applied. We do this to guarantee fairness during the application process.