Candidates will be ready to apply for the role once it's live and advertised across different sources (e.g. your Organisation's website, job boards, social media, etc.).
Applications can be sometimes tedious especially if you are at a time of your life when you are applying to multiple positions.
But there's more. Traditional application processes can lead to biased decisions that reduce the chances for great candidates like you of moving through to a next recruiting stage. This is mainly due to the traditional CV screening: usually you're asked to provide your CV or parts of it (e.g. relevant work experience) and then this info is used by hiring teams to decide if you are good for the job. But evidence shows that CVs are a poor predictor of performance and it can lead to loads of unconscious bias.
As a candidate, you'll experience a different way of doing an application. Here's what an applicant had to say about their experience:
From this quote -and from your own experience!- you'll be able to check that Applied has created an application process that:
- Makes it easy for you to apply. You don't have to go through the pain of creating accounts or remembering passwords. Also, the simple structure of your applicant dashboard will make it easy to focus on what really matters.
- Asks you for equal opps questions so hiring teams can monitor aggregate diversity stats throughout their recruiting and formulate better, informed, hiring policies.
- Will encourage you to go through tasks that will substitute the traditional biased-loaded CV screening. These tasks include multiple choice tests and Applied's signature Sift Questions (click here to learn about these Assessments), which will then be reviewed by hiring teams following a whole set of behavioural design principles that will let them focus on the skills that matter for the job ( click here to learn more about these principles).
- Provides friendly messages that aim at reducing any tension during your application or while waiting for notifications from the hiring team.
- Is always open to feedback from you, so we can continue improving your application experience.
Applying for a role within a typical recruitment process done with Applied*
* This typical process can be adapted to each Organisation's needs.
Here are the main things you'll do while applying for a role: