You can check who meets eligibility criteria and use this information as an input for the first sift, before checking candidates test scores or allocating applications to Applied's signature Sift.
These are the steps that you can follow:
1. Sort candidates by any of the eligibility criterion that you find on the 'admin questions' tab of the Manage page. Click on the heading of the column to sort candidates.
2. Select the first candidate with an answer that implies that they'll have to be rejected.
3. Then click on the arrow from the 'select' column, upwards or downwards, depending on how you sort candidates.
4. For candidates who don't meet an eligibility criterion, you can then allocate them to the option 'reject and write notification', which you find on the main tasks dropdown list.
After you click on the 'reject and write notification' option, you'll see a template email. Here are some specific comments about this template:
- You can edit all the fields of this email (i.e. from, reply to, subject, body) (a). We just provide a general template that you can use if you are not used to sending notifications at this stage of the recruiting process.
- We recommend you to always keep the *|TOFIRSTNAME|* and *|URL|* tokens (b). They will be personalised for each candidate as soon as you send the emails. The *|URL|* corresponds to the feedback link specific to each candidate, which will contain a message indicating that they didn't meet the basic eligibility criteria. If you want to check how a link looks like, go to the 'identity tab' of the manage page and click on the view 'feedback' option of any candidate whom you will reject.
- Select 'eligibility' as rejection reason (c). This will help you get accurate reports for each recruiting stage. Additionally, the message sent to candidates through their feedback links will be adapted to this specific rejeciton reason.
- You can decide to not send a notification to candidates (d). The not sending a notificaion is that is that candidates' perception towards your Organisation may be affected (candidate journey and branding).
5. As soon as you reject candidates who don't meet an eligibility criterion, the list of candidates that you find on the Manage page will refresh and it will contain everyone who does meet the criterion. You can then focus on another eligibility criterion and do a new rejection round or start sifting candidates based on the scores from any Applied assessment (e.g. you can allocate their short answers to the reviewing team).