One thing we really care about at Applied is candidate experience - this is where our automated candidate feedback comes in. We know that giving feedback is traditionally difficult and time-consuming so we've made it easy for you, and specific enough for candidates to actually be helpful.
Giving candidates feedback lets them know...
- ... where they need to improve for future applications
- ... that their application was actually looked at and reviewed properly and thoroughly (that they didn't waste time by applying!)
- ... your organisation cares about them having a positive experience, even if their application isn't successful
What does candidate feedback look like? Where can I see it?
There are two parts to our feedback:
Skills spider graph
This contains the specific skills you've identified for a given role, one on each axis. The candidate will see how they performed on that skill, in comparison to the average score and the highest score for that skill.
A score scale for the short answer questions
Candidates will see their responses to the role's short answer questions and gives them an indication of how they scored for each answer. We never show candidates their exact scores - just a band scale.
How do I give candidates feedback?
You can send candidates feedback either when their application is unsuccessful or when they are hired. In both cases, you'll need to access the "Candidate" tab on the Manage page and then follow the steps shown below:
- To reject and send feedback to candidates:
- Select the candidates you want to reject;
- Click on the "marked candidates as rejected" (x) in the blue ribbon;
- The rejection template will open. If you're using a customised template rather than the Applied standard template please make sure that you don't remove the tags in particular *|URL|* as that is what pulls the feedback link from the platform for each applicant.
- Press "mark as rejected". This will generate an individual email with the feedback link for each rejected candidate.
- To send feedback to hired or mid-process candidates:
- Select the candidates you want to send a message to;
- Click on the "e-mail candidates" icon in the action menu;
- Write the email and place the tag *|FEEDBACKURL|* where you want the feedback link to be in the message. That tag automatically pulls the candidate-specific feedback link from the platform for each applicant.
- Press "send". This will generate an individual email with the feedback link for each candidate.
How do candidates feel about the feedback they receive?
Take a look!
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at email@example.com!