Here are 4 quick steps for shortlisting candidates based on the scores they get during interview. You can repeat these steps for each of the interview rounds that you've set.
1. Go to the role for which you'd like to shortlist candidates, then go to its Manager.
2. Once in the Role Manager, sort candidates by their Interview scores (click here to check how) and select those you'd like to reject based on a threshold set by you and your team. You can set this threshold according to the distribution of scores that you observe or any other criteria (e.g. number of candidates that you'd like to move through to a next phase).
3. Once candidates to be rejected are selected, go to the drop-down menu with the core Manager tasks and select the 'reject and write notification' option. After selecting this option, a template email will appear.
4. You can edit the rejection email and send the final version by clicking on the 'reject these candidates and write notification' button. Please take into account the following before sending emails:
a. You can edit all the fields of this email (i.e. from, reply to, subject, body), but...
b. Please keep the *|TOFIRSTNAME|* and *|URL|* tokens.
- the *|TOFIRSTNAME|* will become each candidate's name once you send emails. This will make your message feel more personal.
- the *|URL|* token will become the personalised feedback link that each candidate can access to check how well they performed up to this specific stage of the recruitment process.
c. Select 'Unsatisfactory Interview Performance' as the rejection reason. This will help you get accurate reports for each recruiting stage. Additionally, the message sent to candidates through the feedback links will be customised to this specific rejection reason.
d. You can decide to not send a notification to candidates. The cost of doing this is that their perception towards your Organisation may be affected (candidate journey and branding).
What happens next?
As soon as you reject candidates with unsatisfactory Interview scores, the list of candidates that you see on the Manager will refresh and it'll contain everyone above the score threshold that you set.
You can then move these candidates through to the next stage. For example, you can invite them to another interview round [click here] or tag them as hired.